Thursday, December 8, 2011

I'm not great with the blogging, but I thought a status update might be in order.

As you can see from my little Etsy doodad on the right, I've got stuff up on the site now.

The idea here is to have a core of made-to-order stuff while supplementing it with one of a kind or special items that don't get listed until they're made. The whole removable clasp thing is supposed to work in that direction. I've got the chains up there mainly because my focal pendant pieces will be clasps with removable bails. So they can work as focal clasps for my basic chains, or you can put the bail on and use it with any other chain that has a clasp already attached. That's the idea, anyway.

I'm working on Christmas presents at the moment. Can't say what they are, though. Once those are done, I'm going to get back to the big plan.

I need to finish some 20 and 18 gauge chain segments for all the size comparison pictures, as well as the brass segments for the color comparison pictures. After that I'll be adding in more metal colors one at a time. I've also got two more basic chains on my list to learn. And once I get a contrasting metal color (silver is next up, although I'm not sure if it'll be silver-plated or niobium) I've got another neat specialty made-to-order chain to put up. The rosary chain will also be available in all sorts of bead colors. I'll be adding glass beads to the mix and rotating things out as my inventory is used.

I'm also figuring out how to use social media like Facebook and Google Plus pages. So far they seem to be marginally effective, but I'm sure they'll become a valuable networking/marketing tool. Likewise, I want to try out some advertising. Etsy has a program that I might use in conjunction with Project Wonderful.

I haven't seriously thought about craft/vendor shows yet, but once I get the shop in order I think that's a direction I need to explore, if only to give exposure to the Etsy shop.

And then there's the lampworking... I really should get some pictures to put up here. Lampworking is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment