Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sneak Peek

The removable clasp system seems to work pretty well.

I have two copper chains done for pictures, three more to go. I'm going to put up made-to-order listings that will offer a choice of metal for the chains. When ordered, simply tell me which metal you'd like. It'll save me money on listing fees, and I think it's just an easier way of doing it. Of course, if a miracle happens and I get a whole bunch of sales, I may have to reevaluate it, but somehow I think my customer base will be small enough to keep up that way.

My wife took the elfweave chain out for a stroll yesterday to see how it worked practically, and she loves it. The clasp makes its way down to the front because it's heavier than the chain, but I think a pendant would balance that out. She also says that the basic clasp looks nice enough that it works well as a simple focal piece, which is the point. I'm not fond of the S-shape down in front, but she likes it. I'm going to try an M/W shape so it hangs a bit more evenly. But the experiment seems to be a success, so I'm going to go in this direction.

And now, a sneaky peek of the clasp in question:


No comments:

Post a Comment