Thursday, February 26, 2009

Preview time!

Some work in progress pics.

I've been working on the Dance Around the Sun project, and already it's not looking much like the tutorial. My frame wires are too short because the cabochon I'm working with is waaaaaaaay too thick. I made stone-shaped beads rather than flatter oval cabochons. It's coming out nice, though. I think having to improvise is helping me understand the process and the order in which to build the frame. The next one will be better for all the guesswork and trial and error I'm doing now, since I'll be able to better map it out ahead of time. I'm really enjoying making this type of pendant and I can't wait to grab some more art wire this weekend... I'm going to give the marble another try, and I'm attempting malachite this weekend.

So here are the progress pics:
It's weird, that first pic should be flipped so it's horizontal. It's that way in the actual picture, but Blogspot is flipping it. Weird. Like all the preview pics, these are just quick snapshots from my work area, so the quality won't be quite as good as the real display photos. You can't see the bail in these, but the bail's nice. The exposed wire on the bottom will be woven/wrapped in red. I should have this done in a couple days. Don't know if it'll be sale-quality yet, but I'm betting not. The clay cracked a little during backing, and while I'm doing a good job of hiding it with the wire, it still may not pass my quality test. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment