Monday, February 23, 2009

The etsy forums

So now that the store is up and running, one has to think about promotion.

Luckily, there's a forum on etsy specifically to pimp your store, and boy is it crazy.

There's so much posting going on that you put up a post and it gets lost within five minutes. But there are also lots of "show me your store" threads going around, so you can just post in all of those. Be sure to check out the other stores in said threads, though - it's only fair.

And on that note, I love etsy. I love that you can find such a diverse range of products online through this wonderful marketplace. I think I added about five new favorite sellers just from fifteen minutes on the Promotions forum.

But the store's been seen and actually favorited by a few people, so it pays off. And it's free - can't beat that.

Once the store's been around a little and I figure out its identity a little more, I'll know where to go to promote my stuff. I mean, the heads are fun and all, but there's so much I want to do with the hobby. And I'm just getting started with the jewelry stuff. Unfortunately, that side of things is a bit more expensive to mess around with than the polymer clay. But I should have a few new things done soon. They'll be on the blog, even if they're not good enough to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment