Saturday, February 21, 2009

Getting started

I'm trying to get the shop in shape this weekend and list my first items. It's definitely going to be a learning curve. I think I'm doing it right, but I can't really tell. The paypal account is all set up, and my shop policies look all right. Now I have to get the item listings up and hope for the best.

Etsy is a remarkable thing. It's really one of the best things to happen to craftspeople and business in general in a very long time. I'm approaching it from a part-time perspective. All I really want is to subsidize the hobby. If I turn out good enough to make a profit, then so much the better. From the business side of things, it'll help me get some basic business skill experience under my belt while I put together a plan for the game store that I want to run one day.

I'm interested to see how this goes. The first batch of items will be modest, but I'm ambitious and improving quickly. Hopefully I'll be able to offer some very nice things.

Now I have to figure out how to get some nice pictures here at work since I left my good backdrop material at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment