Thursday, March 19, 2009

New items and a preview!

Alexi (that yellow alien I previewed earlier) is finally live in the store, along with the Marble Fire pendant. The companion piece, Marble Ice, is coming along well. I'll preview that one tomorrow.

Today is clay figurines!

The first guy is a failed attempt, but only in that it wasn't what I was trying to make. My brother asked me to do one of the Raving Rabbids (from the Rayman Raving Rabbid series of video games.. if you haven't played it, try it out - they're hysterical) as a keychain. Well, the actual conversation was a suggestion that I do a magnet, and the keychain idea sprang from there. Unfortunately, I got the head all wrong, and he's not Rabbid material. But he IS a pretty funny-looking rabbit, so I'm going to finish him up as an Easter figurine.

The other figurine I managed to finish last night introduces a new section to the store: Globbers! Globbers are blobbish guys made of goo. They can change their shapes a bit, but since they're only mostly solid, they can't hold a definite form for long. I got the idea yesterday, and I like how the first guy came out. This is something I'll be playing with for a while - my "Smurfs," if you will. They also have pets called blobbles, but I haven't made one of those yet. Maybe tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment