Friday, March 20, 2009

Marble Ice update

I remember saying yesterday that I'd have a preview of the new pendant today.

Our boiler stopped working sometime last night, so I've been home all day waiting for the tech to get here. While the situation is not the best, I did manage to be productive, and I have five globbers getting ready to go live on the site. I like doing the globbers. Maybe this will become my signature "thing." It's certainly easier to market than magnet faces and random jewelry.

Speaking of random jewelry, here's a pic of the new pendant:
As you can see, it's going to be bluish, hence Marble Ice. I thought it would be a nice companion to the other one. Those beads in the middle are the only beads in the piece, and I think they look rather nice. This one's going to be pretty, and I'm really getting the hang of wire weaving. The next pendant or two will be net bezels for my malachite attempt.

A friend of mine suggested I do up a bunch of these kinds of pendants for renaissance faires. This is the sort of thing that appeals to the fantasy/medieval people. I should know, being one of them. I already had the idea of marketing to the live action roleplaying crowd, but for some reason ren faires never occured to me. Naturally, the ren faire stuff wouldn't use colored wire. Beads, yes, but no color wire. You can get away with crystal or glass beads like that, but that sort of colored wire could not have been made back then. But that's in the future, when I'm a little better at this. Right now I'm still experimenting, but I like the results.

Hopefully this piece will go live in less than a week. As I get the practice, I'm getting faster with the weaving, so if I really sit down to do it, it shouldn't take me more than an hour or two to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment